How to Manage Blog Posts
Adding a New Post:
- Select 'Posts' from the left side navigation
- Select 'Add New' to start from scratch
OR hover over an existing post and select clone from the small navigation ( It will refresh the page and you will see a cloned post with 'draft' attached to it - Select the post - Swap out any content, images etc.)
Main Edits for Posts:
- Title and permalink ( If cloning, be sure to edit this to match the new title)
- Add in content: Use the basic editor or Divi to create your post
- Select category: On the right side - If all posts are going to the same place then no worries, skip this step!
- Add a new category: Select 'Add New Category' - Follow steps below under Blog Module: Editing to add this new category to a page section.
- Featured Image: On the right side - You can choose from the media library or upload a new photo
Save Draft to continue editing later
Preview to see your edits without pushing them LIVE
Publish to push all edits LIVE
Blog Module: Editing
This module pulls in posts from your published posts to a specific location ( Page the module is set up on). If you have multiple categories (News, featured posts etc.) and have them setup separately then each blog module is pulling in a different category associated with that sections posts.
The only time you would need to edit a blog module is if you are setting a new one up or adding a new category to be pulled in. See above notes on how to add new categories.
- Go to 'Pages' and select the page to edit
- Locate the blog module - Open settings. (Need help locating the settings? Read our Divi Builder Basics article)
- You will see all available categories - Check off the category of posts you want to appear in this location. Save & Update!
Need help with styling? Reach out to email@example.com and our Support Team will help you with editing the design.